June 26, 2006

The Cure-rageous Knitters

Walking and Knitting for a cure.

Last year I was invited to join a friends team and walk all night long in the American Cancer Association Fundraising event called Relay for Life. I found it to be one of the most beautiful and rewarding experiences I have ever had. I walked in memory of my sister Julianne, and family friend, Jennifer Fick. Two Angels. Little did I know then, that I would be walking again this year, but this time as a cancer survivor.

The Relay is much more than a walk around a track. It is a time to remember those lost to cancer and celebrate those who have survived.

Wanting to participate again this year....and being team-less, I decided to start my own team. "The Cure-rageous Knitters." The event is being held here in Eden Prairie at the Central Middle School track on July 21st, 2006. That is next month, folks! Don't have much time here. I need your help.

Three ways you can help.

1. Donations to my personal page (however small) are so very welcome and so very appreciated.

2. Join our team and collect donations yourself and come out and have a great time knitting and walking all night long. The objective is to have at least one person from our team on the track at all times throughout the event. I will set up a tent for anyone needing to "rest up" a bit. Food and beverages are being donated all night long by local resturaunts and sponsors. If you don't knit, that's okay, come, walk, sit, chat, eat, whatever you want. It's all for a great cause.

3. Or Spread the Word. A link on your own personal blog, or a few e-mails really goes a long way.

Eeks.......This is going to be so much fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, now to decide to be a supporter or a partcipiant!! Great idea, Lisa. :)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

Great idea! My grandmother died from cancer and my FIL is currently battling lung cancer. I put in a donation and will link you on my blog. Wish I could walk too but we will be gone that weekend.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a great event. I walked it last year. Have fun. I'll definitely contribute.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home