May 11, 2006

It's the little things that matter..........

Okay, I know people are reading this blog since I always get huge e-mail response after I post.....and believe me.....I LOVE IT! Keep it coming........But, would it kill you to leave a comment here once in a while?

FYI, there is a section at the end of each post where you click on comments.....and beleive me....it is easy as pie and really not all that scary. You can even leave an anonymous comment if you'd like. Just a plain little "hi" is a great way to start. Or, "I liked that post", or "cool picture." I can also handle the not so nice comments too.....but like my mama always says, "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all."

Here is the part where I am gonna show off a little bit. I have received so many wonderful things from family and friends that I just want to parade it all for everyone to see. Thank you for the cards, the yummy meals and goodies, the phone calls and visits. The gifts, the flowers, and also all the playdates and childcare for the kids. You can't imagine how wonderful it makes me feel to know how much everyone cares.



This is from Olivia. She spent her tooth fairy money to buy me this bracelet from the gift shop at the hospital. Nana was with her and bought the matching daughter bracelet for Olivia - so that we could be twins. Olivia just loved that. As did I.

This lavender calla Lily is from Dana and the sweet little bird is from Barb. They are both such good friends and neighbors.





Dawn brought over these yummy treats. mmmm....mmmmmm.......good!

I received this Get Well Balloon with candy on it from little Blake who lives in my neighborhood. What a sweetie pie!


And here is the picture of the pretty bracelet that little Sofia brought me last week. Notice the poem on the inside lid of the box.


My Aunt Isabelle in Colorado brought me to tears when I received this bookmark inside a card that she sent with the simple yet powerful words on it.. "You Are Loved"



And last (but certainly not least) a huge thank you to my best friend Laura who spoils me rotten, not just now (when I've needed it the most), but all the time over the past 12 years since we began as pen-pals.

She has sent me handstamped cards (practically one a day) for the past week, and lots of care packages for my recovery.


Can you beleive that she made all of those cards from scratch? She is amazing!

Okay, a little break from pictures for now......there are many more to post though.......so stay tuned. Thank you all for everything. The smallest act of kindness means so much to me.................................

(............like leaving a comment here)*wink*

-lisaD.

14 Comments:

Blogger Knittymama said...

Wow, it's great you have so much support. Hope your recovery keeps going well! :-)

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, way to go!

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah- way to go!

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy you have so much support and love in your new home. I know you have been there a while now but it is still your new home to me. We miss you and love you very much.

Marilee

5:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Bountiful blessings!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, I love seeing all of the wonderful things everyone has sent you. I hope it is helping in your recovery:)

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I am so glad that you are feeling more like yourself everyday. I am so thankful that you are on the mends. "Nice post", wink, wink!

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cousin Lisa,
I am so glad you are feeling better! I miss you alot. You got alot of cool things.

9:21 PM  
Blogger - LisaD. said...

Hey Lil Bit,

Nice to hear from you. Thanks for posting a comment. I miss you lots too.

cousin-lisa

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You amaze me that you have enough energy to not only take photos of these wonderful gifts but to post them as well. Always thinking of others. Thanks for always including me in your news.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa

I was so happy to hear of your good news!! The birdie picture looks so cute! I just loved meeting your mom, what a beautiful person inside and out!! I hope your feeling better and we have to get together again soon. Do you want Amy and I to bring you lunch again soon? Say yes!!~

Barb

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa

I was just thinking of you... and this really has nothing to do with your post... but a good friend of mine just told me she was going to Vegas this weekend to see.... is the suspense killing you... do you know who is playing in Vegas this weekend...





Barry Mantilow

Gee did I spell that right? I am not sure. Anyways, I am sure you know who I mean.

I was laughing because the only person I have heard mention him in the last few years is you!

I hope you are feeling better.

Marilee

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa.....how wonderful the news. Sorry you had to go through this. Gives a whole new perspective and appreciation for everything, even those things we may have never noticed before. Glad your angels were there with you....including your little ones at home.
God Bless - Auntie Kathryn

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manilow Rocks!!!! Rock on
Barry!

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home