April 21, 2006

Eating Cake

My Darling daughter turned 7 last week. She's my baby and she is growing up. hmmmmmmm. A little happy, a little weepy, a lot emotional. And we haven't even started talking about me yet. She's definitely got "high maintenance" written all over her. Wonder where she gets that from????? Ahem...

So, ever since my oldest son's first birthday, every year, my husband Byron has made a special cake for each of our three childrens birthdays. I bake the cakes - and then he stays up to all hours of the night artistically applying the frosting and embellishments so that the kids wake up on their birthday excited to look at Dad's edible creation. Warning: black frosting stains skin and teeth for about three days. Don't try this at home kids. So, here is the "Baby Bratz Dolls" cake he made. ('cause it's all about Bratz dolls these days) Side note here - I have a hard time digesting the baby bratz. The dolls, that is. Certainly not the cake.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job. Looks scrumptious too.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have the same tradition in our family too. My children love their homemade birthday cakes. I agree with you on the bratz dolls. My daughter is into them too. I think it's the name I dislike so much. That and that the dolls wear the skankiest clothes.

1:02 PM  
Blogger - LisaD. said...

Yes, their clothes are skanky. I mean what's up with that?

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BYRON ROCKS @ DECORATING CAKES! I STILL HAVE A PICTURE OF THE "THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE" CAKE HE MADE FOR JASONS 1ST BIRTHDAY!WOW, HE HAS REALLY GOT GOOOOOOD!
MISS YOU GUYS;CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU SOON...Anysia

1:05 PM  
Blogger - LisaD. said...

Hey Nyse, Can you get me a copy of that Thomas the Tank Engine Cake Picture? I would love to include it in the scrapbook of cakes book I put together in honor of all sleep Byron has lost due to his confection endeavors.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big Oliva has gotten! In my mind she is still a little girl. She has grown into a lovely young lady. And Byron's cake looks amazing!

Miss you guys!
Marilee

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa- I know how artistic you are but I never knew this about Byron's talent! Wow great job Byron!, my birthday is in June hahaha...Olivia is such a cutie. Happy Birthday Olivia!
Auntie Kathy

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Oliva! I hope you had a great time eating that cute cake.

Love
Jennie Maria Smith

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum-my! That cake reminds me of when I was a kid. My mom would do whatever cake we wanted for our birthday and it was usually complicated. That's cool your DH does that for your kids.

PS, he's a good lookin' guy;) tee hee

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
Looks good!!!!
Audrey and I have a picture of the powerpuff girls cake Byron made for her on her birthday. Do you want me to send you that picture? I miss you guys. LOL Drea

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Dre. Please send me that cake picture too. I remember that one turning out really well. I miss you lots too.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home