January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! What a wonderful holiday season it was. I spent the better part of today putting away my christmas decorations, but found it impossible to take down my tree. Maybe next week I will find the courage to part with it.

For Christmas, I decided not to ask for anything knitting related this year. Ya see, last year everything that I received was knitting related so I thought this Christmas I would ask for non-knit related gifts. Big Mistake. Santa actually read my wish list and didn't surprise me with even a single skein of yarn.

Thank God for good friends. Amy came through for me and surprised me with a couple of great gifts. (see picture above) The 2006 Pattern a day knitting Calendar. Score! ...and a beautiful skein of Vesper Sock Yarn. 440 yards of hand-dyed self-striping goodness from Knitterly things. I couldn't resist knitting myself up a pair of cozy socks right away.

And speaking of the KnitThink Diva herself.... Amy has also tagged me with the following little New Years questionaire. I feel obligated to respond (with such a nice gift bestowed on me and all)....So here goes..

*********************************************
*********************************************

1. What new knitting techniques did you learn this year? That would have to be twisting and dropping stitches on purpose. Oh and I can cable now too.

2. Which completed project from the last 12 months are you most proud of? The basket weave felted bag that I knitted for Tara. It took my "felting" to a whole new level. And I think it turned out beautiful.






















3. What was your biggest knitting disaster of the last year?














The Giraffe sweater that was to be a gift to Laura on her birthday. I decided (after nearly finishing it) that I didn't like it one bit. So, I ripped it all out and started a cabled scarf for her instead. The scarf turned out lovely. If only I had taken a picture of it.

4. Who or what has been the biggest influence on your knitting in 2005? My Mother in Law was the biggest influence on my knitting the first half of the year and the second half I was inspired by my SnB friends and knitting magazines.

5. What knit craze grabbed you this year? Let's see....I've felted 3 buttonhole bags, 4 booga bags, one large tote, one basket weave tote, 5 sophie bags and a cell phone holder that didn't turn out so well. Yep, I'd say felting was my big knit craze this past year.

6. New Year's resolutions: To exercise at least 5 days a week, not eat after 7:00 pm and try and have breakfast every single morning to help boost my metabolism. Oh was this question supposed to be knitting related? Oops!

7. In 2006 I will knit: The Vogue Cable Sweater...and hopefully be done with it by Valentine's day. A gift to myself.

8. I will learn to: Check guage properly....so that I can knit the Vogue Cable Sweater and other wearable articles of clothing.

9. To become a better knitter, I will: Try not to stick to the same old projects like socks and teddy bears and scarfs. Rather, I will venture out and try to tackle some new more challenging projects. Also,I will dedicate more time to blogging and blog stalking so that I have somebody to tag the next time I'm tagged with a questionaire such as this.


Happy New Year! Enjoy 2006!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that felted bag is amazing! Love the retro look with the color pattern design. Is that your own pattern?

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home