September 05, 2005

Well, it's about time!

I am so long over due on posting. I have been trying to figure out my new ultra mini cool camera. Still can't figure out how to get the pictures off of it, but my DH can....and so that is one of the many reasons why he is so perfect for me.

Anyway, here is a picture of the basketweave purse pre-felted last week over at Dunn Bros.




And here it is after being felted..........



Yay! Didn't it turn out wonderful? I told Tara she would have it back by today....but with such a busy weekend.....(For example Dog Sitting Amy's angel doggies.) Here is a picture of Teddy "The wonder dog" sleeping with his tongue hanging out and his eyes wide open. Something that Amy failed to mention to me.......which freaked me out ahhhhh....justalittlebit.




Yes, Teddy is asleep. In fact, in a deep sleep. It took me a few minutes to figure out why he wasn't responding to me at all.....

Anyway, back to Tara's bag. I haven't even sewn in the snap yet....so hopefully, she won't mind waiting the extra day or two till I get around to doing that. Here is a picture with Tara modeling her newly felted bag.



Doesn't she look thrilled with it? No one can fake that kind of joy! I had so much fun working on this. I learned a lot of new techniques...and had the chance to play with some hardware ie: grommets and snaps. More fun than one girl is allowed to have. No, really.

Anyway, My DD (Olivia) asked me to show her where I go to stitch n bitch. So I took her to Dunn Bros. This is Olivia kicking my boot-ay at a game of Checkers. Yes, really. She is quite good. And a bit dramatic.



And as if I can't get enough of the coffee house scene. This is the newest project I am working on. I took this one this morning over at Carribou, while my husband and three kids were across the street getting "back to school" hair cuts.



Has anyone (I know) ever knitted with fabric strips? Very fun, indeed. And yes, that is a green tea in the background. Actually....a passion fruit green tea smoothie, to be exact. I don't think it was all that healthy, though 'cause it tasted way too good.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way cute purse...way cute daughter...way cute dog...oh, wait, the last one is mine! Tee hee. Knitting with fiber? Girlfriend, I'm behind the times! What's happening?

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa - I think it is your turn to teach/host the few neighborhood ladies that like to knit (and sip). Your purse turned out awesome. You and Amy really do nice work. I'm ready for another project. Trying to get hubby to let me quit the job and stay home but he ain't buying the plan.

6:04 PM  
Blogger - LisaD. said...

Kathy,
Well get your hubby to at least let ya get out to Dunn Bros. one of these wednesdays with us. You didn't stay long enough last time.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home