April 29, 2006

The C Word

Well I can't sleep, so I thought I'd come downstairs and blog instead. Tomorrow is the dreaded day. Or rather, it all starts 6 hours from now. I have to be at the hospital at 6:15 a.m. Whu-h?? That's two whole hours earlier than my scheduled 8:15 surgery. Everyone knows that I live to sleep. I love my sleep. I need my sleep. So, why can't I sleep? Isn't it obvious....um yeah, I'm a little freaked.

Here's the plan. My surgeon will go in there laporascopically to remove my large left ovarian tumor. But first, he'll take a good look around and send a sample of it to pathology. If there is cancer present then he'll open me up and perform a complete hysterectomy. It won't come to that. (fingers crossed) The odds are all in my favor that this is benign. Still...I'm freaked. I just want it over-with already, for Byron and the kids sake. Understandably, it's taking it's toll on us all. Also, I'm sorta a little nervous that I will get there, (to the hospital) get all checked in, just to have them discover that my electrolytes aren't high enough and send me home with a rescheduled surgery date. That would really bite, and shouldn't be the case since I've been popping K-lyte tabs (gag) and drinking gatorade all day long.

Okay, so there it is in a nutshell.

Thanks for all of the good energy, vibes and prayers coming my way from all of my family and friends. You all know that I love the attention! Also, please add my Grandpa Romero to your good wishes list...he has just started kidney dialysis. I've been thinking so much about him and my Grandma lately. Oh how I miss them and the west coast....and my grandma's homemade beans and tortilla's and tamales. Ah yes, and another nice memory just popped into my head. Whenever I would leave my Grandma's house, she would always call out ....."Via Con Dios." (meaning...Go with God) What a nice comforting memory to end the day with. Time for bed.

(honk-shoo)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I always recall waking up very rested from surgery - with all of the great drugs that you will be given - you will get some really good sleep! See you soon!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Corgimom said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care of yourself- and let others take care of you, too. OH- and I bought tamales from a minivan near El Burrido Mercado in St. Paul. Yum!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

God bless...hugs and prayers to you dear girlfriend.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, all of here in Denver send their love and prayes for you. You are very special to us and we love you. Grandma has you in heere prayers and you know how well her prayers work for us. So you will be in very good hands. As for me I will be thinking of you all day today and praying that every thing goes well. I know it will. I love you and always will. Next visit to Denver and all the mexican food is on me!!!! Take care and I will be talking to you soon.
Love Bobby, Brenda, Ricardo and Roberto.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

Sending lots of hugs, prayers, and good thoughts your way!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

*hug*

I am sending you Chaotic Lucky Thoughts as you wait for more results.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home