May 06, 2006

Emotional

I am very emotional today. I just realized something that I have been deny-ing. I've been diagnosed with cancer. (more on that later) It doesn't help that I have a fever either today which is probably what is making me feel achey and lightheaded and nauseaus, and why I probably can't control my tears. I am certainly at my worst. Not a pretty sight.

Little Sofia from next door brought me the prettiest little present. A beautiful bracelet with the words peace, hope and serenity on it. On the inside lid of the beautiful blue box, was this beautiful little poem.


Peace, Hope, Serenity

When life is stressful,
find your inner peace
When you feel discouraged,
Have hope
Combine the two
And serenity will envelope you.


What a tiny miracle that this came at the very minute that I needed it the most. It of course made me cry.....but a happy cry and I feel much better. I will post a picture once I down-load it.

I don't know how to thank everyone for all the wonderful sentiments, and gifts and love and support. So I will post pictures. Words don't seem enough. Thank you for everything.




Amy brought by knitting magazines! *smiles* and chocolate always helps....and the new yarn harlot book!












And here is the Joy of Knitting book, and the Joy of knitting companion book from my friends Deb and Carrie over at Coldwater Collaborative knitting store in Excelsior. Very cool.







Take a look-see at this pretty bouquet of flowers from Olivia's friend Brianna. How lovely they are to look at.

I have more pictures to post.....but I think I need to take a break for now.



Oh, but one more thank you before I go. A special thanks to my neighbor Jill for organizing meals for us. She seems to think of everything before I even have the chance to ask. And for the record, Byron is really looking forward to the meals. Thank You you have no idea how happy a simple meal for my family makes me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelle said...

Emotional? I can't think why? Cancer, huh, well I guess we can make an allowance for being a bit emotional. I have never had cancer before but I can imagine I too might be a bit emotional about it, to be sure. I'm guessing you will probably go through a whole range of emotions, much like grieving a loss, denial being only the first. Emotionally speaking I suspect it's going to be a bit messy for awhile but I have every confidence that you will come out of this just fine, if not stronger than before. Hey, guess what? Being a cancer survivor earns you a hand knit scarf from moi. Now, do you like the color pink? cause seeing it isn't breast cancer I don't think it necessarily needs to be pink, unless of course you like pink. Hang in there, girlfriend.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

It's just cuz we love ya!! And you're entitled to feel crappy for however long you feel crappy!

Deb (and Carri too!)

5:20 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, Lisa, you've been through so much in such a short time!! If you weren't feeling emotional, I would be worried.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home