May 23, 2006

Blogging bunnies

Okay, well I just loved my knitter friend Connie's post showcasing her adorable knitted bunnies sooooo much - that I had to just knit one up real quick for me. Here is mine. (which my little Olivia was quick to claim as her own)



And here are Connie's.

C'mon? Admit it. You think they are adorable too, don'tcha? and they are so easy to make. Just for you......

bunny pattern

So here I am, sitting at the computer.....the kids are all tucked in for the night and I hear crickets chirping outside my open windows. I love spring! I love everything about it here. I love that the weather reminds me of San Jose, I love the flowers that are blooming everywhere you turn...I love being surprised to see the occassional baby bunny or two chasing each other in the grass ....but I also love that at any given moment you can have severe thunder storms and buckets of rain falling when it was just sunny moments before. Unfortunately, this time of year doesn't last long. I am already dreading the start of mosquito season. And I fear they are going to be out in full force very soon. Which means only one thing.....I'll probably be regretting by seasons end that I hadn't bought stock in the "Deep Woods Off" Company.

And every year I vow to buy this t-shirt. Just because it makes me smile.

I am feeling so much better these past few days. My lymphedema seems to come and go, and at times can be painful, but for the most part I am feeling bendy again. I can tie my shoes and pick up things (like lego) up off of the floor and (ooh my favorite) watching the Roomba Robot vaccuum my carpet, while I sit back and knit bunnies. Hmmm, almost as satisfying as watching Byron do house work. Although with Roomba there is no nagging involved and completely free of self induced guilt.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

That is an amusing t-shirt, from a Minnesotan perspective! Cute bun bun, too. :)

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! I didn't know you'd already finished one! It's very cute and I look forward to seeing the white one;)

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Byron. house work sucks! Us guys need to form a NO HOUSEWORK UNION and strike for better benifits IE. more TV watching and back rubs after a rough game of Football game on TV. (for those in Minnesota Hockey)

PS. Roomba is free to join too.

Power to the nonhouse cleaners!!!!

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing Lisa! I am so glad to hear you are feeling so great so quickly. All your little knitted animals are so cute.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home