May 21, 2006

Meals on Wheels

I have never eaten so well in all my life. It must be a Minnesota thing, cause people keep bringing me food. Take-Out, home cooked , baked from scratch, lots of yummy yummy culinary delights. It's all comfort food. My family is feeling so spoiled and well, yes (we admit) feeling a little pudgy too. My children are thanking me daily for having had gone through surgery. No, really, they are. They don't eat this well even when I am feeling my best. Everyone knows that I don't cook. (Not well, anyhow.) Thank you friends and neighbors for the wonderful 3 course meals you've brought for my family. You have helped us so much more than you can possibly imagine.

and speaking of food.....My friend Anne hosted a luncheon in her home for a bunch of knitting friends on Wednesday. It was wonderful. She made grilled pork and chicken, and salads and desserts and breads and raspberry jelly from scratch. It was so much fun and incredibly tasty and it was my first social outing since the surgery. Oh and hey.....did I mention that there was meat there? Yes, meat! So now you all can be rest assured that I am eating properly for a (vegetarian only through marriage) carnivore. Thanks Anne!

I have been busy this week knitting a Charlie Bear. As seen above (sitting) and below (standing.) Knitting is Pretty much the only thing I am allowed to do, since nobody will let me lift a finger around here. Anyhow, this little teddy was so much fun to knit. I am almost always inspired to knit teddy bears. The satisfaction of seeing their faces and personality come alive when piecing them together is indescribable. But I have to be careful and try not to get too attached as always there is someone for whom the bear is intented..... from the very first cast on stitch. In this case, Charlie Bear is named after the little boy it is going to. I'm comforted that Charlie Bear is going to a good home and will be loved.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I'm glad that you're being so well taken care of! Very cute bear. :)

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlie is sooo cute!!

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ain't it great being a carnivore? Charlie is too cute, great job:)

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home