October 07, 2006

Yarn Store Treasure Hunt

This is my pathetic attempt to blog about the Yarn Store Treasure Hunt that took place here in the twin cities last month. I wanted to blog about it then, but woop-dee-doo...other things in life happened and I've finally just gotten around to it.

Aahhh.....I remember the day well. Saturday, October 7th, 2006. It was more fun than two gals are allowed to have on a one day road trip in the twin cities visiting 6 yarn stores, one coffee shop, a gas station, lunch at Frosts and a side trip into a cute little stationary store. Good times... Good times....
Amy drove....because well, I don't really like to. and also because I can't read a map as well as she can when lost and also because it is fun to joy-ride in her green vw bug....and also because well damn-it she's the one writing a guide book on traveling in Minnesota. She knows her way around these parts much better than I.




We feasted on lunch at W.A. Frost in St. Paul. It was delicious.



and this is what our desserts looked like. Isn't this just beautiful, people?



I could've sworn that I took more pictures that day. But I can't seem to locate them on my computer. But yes, besides all of the eating, and getting lost and getting a parking ticket and drinking mochas with "fun" on top. (that's whipped cream folks) we did manage to get around to all of the yarn shops and receive a charm at each one for participating in the treasure hunt. Whew!

When all was said and done......I came home exhausted and with all of this to show for our Girls Day Out....Road Trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home