September 04, 2006

MOOSE

We've been impatiently, counting down the days and minutes and getting everything
ready for this moment. The day finally arrived on Friday. BTW, I am pretty sure that I am way more prepared for this family arrival than I ever was with my own three children. (Sad, I know)

So, without further delay, I am thrilled to announce the newest addition to our family.

MOOSE Dickinson

















But you can just call him MOOSE.

Moose is a Chocolate Lab and he was born on July 11th, but he was finally ready to be picked up and brought home with us on Friday at seven weeks old.

Oh, and he does have a middle name too. It's Todd. (named by our neighbor, whose first name happens to be Todd.
Coincidence? I DON'T THINK SO!

He answers to MOOSE.



homecoming was fun. We took turns holding him on the car ride and then when we finally got home, we played with him all around the yard.


The sight of a new puppy brought out all of our neighbors and their little ones to meet and greet. I think all the excitement wore out Moose, cause after a bit he just plopped down on the grass for a quick snooze.

















Oooh...Awwww.... isn't he just the sweetest thing?


and in knitting news.....I've started log cabin.
Inspired by Deb from Wound Too Tight.

Okay gotta go get some sleep. I'll be up in a couple hours with puppy. I'm on potty patrol tonight. (yawn)

14 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Dear Moose - My name is Holli - I live with Deb at Wound Too Tight. I like you already cuz you look like a happy, lappy, licky, dog. You will like your people cuz they have lots of kids. Kids drop food. Let me know if you need any Dog advice. My mom says you moms blanket is "Sa-Weeeeeet".

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - are you in for a great time! I wonder whose main responsibility it will be seeing as school starts tomorrow...

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW he is ADORABLE!!

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO CUTE! Michael raved about him over and over last night. I can hardly wait to meet him.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww- what a cutie! I always wanted a chocolate lab, but my boyfriend is definitely a cats only person.

3:09 PM  
Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet said...

What a cute new addition to the family! : )

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How adorable is he?? Precious! I'm jealous now. I want a dog but with six cats....well, you know!

5:59 PM  
Blogger renee said...

Oh, my gosh! SO CUTE!!!! He looks like he's going to be a very sweet dog for your family. My dog, Finbar, was originally called Moose by the breeder, because he was the biggest of the litter.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Love, LOVE, LOVE Chocolate Labs!! If you come over to my blog and meet Kona - he's two and a half - his full name is Captain's KC Kona (KC is for King Curmudgeon) - Chocolate Labs are about as sweet as they can be - big old teddy bears! (Be REALLY careful about woodticks until he's six months old - we almost lost our pup at four months due to a tick bite.)

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a CUTIE!!!! Or should I say that he's handsome since he is a boy:)

11:15 PM  
Blogger Corgimom said...

Now you have an adorable furkid too! Fun tims are ahead, and maybe some hard work too.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, he looks like such a sweetie!!

I swear, log cabinism is contagious...

3:49 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

cute! Moose is such a great name!

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a handsome dog!!! Welcome to the family, Moose. Can't wait to meet you. I have to admit that we thought his name was spelled "Mousse", as in chocolate mousse....tee, hee, hee.

Jason is so jealous. He wants a dog too but can't have one in his condo.

What fun for the kids (mom & dad too).

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home