August 15, 2006

Hot Stuff

Okay, so 14 years ago I had the choice of who I was gonna worship for the rest of my life. Barry Manilow, Rod Stewart, Byron Dickinson, or Limahl?












........Barry..........











...........Rod..........











.......Byron.........











.......Limahl.......

Oh c'mon you know Limahl! Um, lead singer of Kajagoogoo? Um, break away pop hit, "Too shy to shy hush hush eye to eye"? Surely that must ring some bells.

And Yes, I know what your thinking right about now. "Lisa is soooo gonna be dead when her husband Byron see's this blog post with his "80's hair" on it for all to view. But ya see, that's where you are very wrong. Byron is "cool people" and it's because of his "coolness" (not to mention spiky-ness) that I said yes, when he asked me to marry him over a decade and a half ago. (Quick.....do the math.)

So.....Barry, Rod, Byron, or Limahl? Which is it gonna be? Difficult choice. Must do process of elimination.

First off, Barry. Although I love his music he is a bit goober-ish. Cross him out. Rod is already taken by my sister Andrea. (just kidding Andrea. (she hated me as a kid for endlessly torturing her for saying that she loved Rod Stewart and was gonna marry him when she grew up. Which, (for the record) she doesn't and never did! So cross Rod off the list. And Kajagoogoo? Oh my, can you GET any gayer than that? (not that there is anything wrong with that) but....Buh-bye Kaja. Naturally, I've narrowed my choice down to Byron.


Oh, but I had other options too of course.....I needed to compare 80's cool guy Byron to the other ultra 80's cool guy... Mr. "Original Miami Vice himself" Mr. Don Johnson.












...Don.....OR.....Byron....

Yup I gotta go with Byron on this one again. He is just exuding "coolness"
everwhere in this pic.

But the biggest test of all...
Could he measure up to "Teen Beat" heart throb Shawn Cassidy?






You Bet'cha he does!





Okay now your turn to guess. Who's who?

And so, that's the story on how I came to my decision on who to marry and grow old with.

His name is B.yron A.xel D.ickinson.

He's Cool and quiet. He's the Pretty boy next door type with an obvious wild side. (see hair pic above) He has a double peirced left ear. (ahem, no pic available at this time)

He's Suave and debonaire.





That's my guy.
Hot Stuff









And speaking of "hot stuff"
Wanna see what his choices in a wife were?

Yup, it was between.....

















Donna Summers












...........ME..........






OR





Lou Diamond Philips


I think we both made the wisest of choices. Whadd'ya think?
Happy 14th Anniversary Byron. I love you!

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL!!!

Happy anniversary!

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Your husband changed his hair more than some women I know! I had the poster of Shaun Cassidy on my wall so I know who is who in that comparison.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we both had tough decisions. Although, with my line up, my decision was considerably easier. Happy Anniversary. SWAK MrB

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay... First off, Happy Anniversary you two! And, second... there is LOTS of good mileage to be had with those great pics of Byron!
Byron... I would have never guessed you had that side to you! :o) And, double piercing on your left ear (thank god you didn't do the right, right?!)
Anyway, such fun to see/read about you 2! Enjoy your special day! Hope you guys are getting a chance to head out to dinner sans kiddos! ~ Jennifer Weeks

6:58 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

What a great anniversary post! Happy Anniversary to both of you.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was, one funny blog.
I finally remembered what I was to tell you.
When we were watching superman this last week,
the scene where the boy was playing the piano,
reminded me of the time when bryon was playing
that tune at 5 in the morning. Well when I got back home from min, I was still humming that song.
Nice to hear your voice today. Hi to all......dad

9:55 PM  
Blogger Corgimom said...

Haha! And happy Anniversary- gotta love the hair- all of it! Too cute.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy Anniversary!! Wow, the choices the two of you made! Whew.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all the hair photos! Sounds like Byron rocks. Happy Anniversary.

Thanks for leaving Don Johnson for me!!!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

C'mon, really? Lou Diamon Phillips? LOL! Great post, and happy anniversary.

10:48 AM  
Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the post. Popped over from Knit Think. Sorry it's a bit late.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Kelle said...

OMG Lisa, that was too funny. Happy Anniversary, I think you made a good decision.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Happy, happy anniversary.

What a great blog post - how long have you been cooking this one up?

You chose a guy that will last through all the "classic" hair, tv and music ages.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,(and Byron)
Happy Belated Anniversary! I just love reading your blog entries...they are quite entertaining and easy reading with the few minutes I can squeeze between work meetings. I hope Byron wasn't too embarassed with pictures from the past....by the way, wasn't Cher one of the other possibles on his list? I recall a similar look alike shot to Donna and you.....I have sent you the pictures via your persoanl email account.....hahaha

keep those Blogs coming - I anxiously await the next read! Sending my love to you and the family-

5:19 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a great post, that was so sweet and funny.

I'll be singing "too shy" all night:-)

5:21 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Can't.stop.laughing!

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, my, a-gah!!!! I thought I was prepared for the kajagoogoo hairdo but clearly I was not!!!! And that picture of you?! What were you 12 in that pic?!? J/K:b Happy Anniversary Mrs Dickinson

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,

I can't believe you. I don't know if you know this but I still have issues with the comments you and Anysia made about me loving Rod Stewart. You are so funny, you and Nysie never let up.....

In fact everytime I see a picture of Rod or if I hear his name, that memory always pops into my head. I love you girl and I wish you and Byron the best aniversary ever.
Love Andrea

4:02 AM  
Blogger - LisaD. said...

Oh Drea - I am so sorry. How could Nysie and I be so mean about teasing you about Rod Stewart when you were a kid? You were and are such a sweetie.

-big sis LisaD.

11:57 AM  
Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Teehee! Happy anniversary! : )

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home