August 30, 2006

Told 'ya So!

This evening I did the dreaded school shoes shopping for my youngest. We did end up finding two pairs of shoes over at Von Maur after much torture. I don't really want to talk about that, though. The most important thing is, is that we did what we set out to do.

Anyway, while there, Olivia wanted to ride the escalator up, and so we did. Many times. At some point, I noticed, in the Junior's section...IZOD shirts. Ohmigod, IZOD LACOSTE shirts are back. You know, ...the polo's with the alligator on it. Or is it a crocodile? Anyway, yes, IZOD shirts have made a comeback. Too Cute. What wasn't cute was the very unfriendly sales lady who corrected me when I pointed and called them IZOD's. "They are called Lacoste shirts", she says. "Yes, maybe nowadays" was my reply. oops and then I said it...oh no no no.....I actually said these 5 little words....."But back in my day"........"They were called IZOD. Yes, I actually said those five little words....("but-back-in-my-day") Sadly, they spilled out of me so quickly and naturally that I scared myself so, and found myself quickly trying to do the math in my head as to how many years ago 1984 was, when I had to have the IZOD as part of my wardrobe. But the young sales lady didn't let up. "Uh, No." She corrects me again. "They are called Lacoste shirts. ONLY Lacoste"

Normally, I'm not one to argue, but it is now 8:39 pm. I am tired. I've been up and down the escalator like 5 times now...I've just spent the last hour wrestling my seven year olds "happy feet" into about 10 pairs of quite sensible gym shoes. (None of which she was at all happy with) and to top it off. I am due to start my period. So seriously PMS'ing here friends. It didn't help either, that this waifish 20 something year old...looking all fresh and perky is trying to correct me, ME on fashion names from the 80's! I don't think so, little one.

Anyway, we talked it out, maturely.

I told her I was right and she was wrong and that hey, nowadays, she can call that stupid little crocogator whatever the bleep she wanted to, but I was gonna continue to call it IZOD!

So I came home and googled IZOD. and now I have closure.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go, girl.

When I'm in my cranky mood, I like to go to Starbucks and order a large coffee. Just to watch the people squirm and try to correct me: "You mean a venti?"

"No, I mean a LARGE."

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!! You were right na, na, nana, na!!!

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I so remember IZOD (being a 1984 graduate myself!). Sales girl needs to get a grip...and maybe even a life. Fashion did not begin the day she was born.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Eeek! Izod shirts!! Eeeek!

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home