October 05, 2006

Dog-gone Goofy!

FYI, If I am ever invited into your home, and I immediately kick off my shoes, start eating the food you have out, and dig through your cupboards for coffee cups and sugar, please don't be too alarmed. It only means that I feel completely comfortable and welcome in your home. And hey, If you have Dancing with the stars on the boob tube, well all the better. Here I am at Kelle's house doing just this.














I guess it's obvious that I enjoy my Knit Nights out. Although, I think Kelle's daughters may think I am a little bit goofy. Perhaps not at all how a guest in your home should act.

It's October already and the kids have been back in school for a month. Which means, I have been knitting much more than usual. I have two works in progress right now. Log cabin baby blanket..... and finishing up on best friends b-day present. Yes, that is TWO projects at once. ( I think that is called multi-taskin' y'all.) Now, I'm not gonna mention what Laura's b-day present is, but let's just say, that sending her flowers again this year for her birthday, and keeping this little knitted goody for myself instead, well that has been seriously contemplated. (no no Lisa! Get that evil thought out of your head) I can't screw up her birthday yet again. I am determined to get her birthday right this year! I do really hope she enjoys this though as much as I am enjoying knitting it, because working up this Merino from ArtYarns is (as Stitch and Bitch friend Beth so perfectly put it) it's like knitting with chocolate. A definite treat.

Hey, have you noticed that I haven't blogged in a very long time? I have only one thing to say about that.

MOOSE

Obviously, being the verbose person that I am, why limit the subject to only one word?

Moose. He has regressed. I thought he was potty trained (for the most part), but yesterday he peed indoors. 3 times. I really should be grateful that it was on the hardwood floors each time, but c'mon... Geesh! It's been a month since we've had him and I take him outside like every 30 minutes!

There is just no need for the pee.

and so, Byron and I sat him down last night and had a nice little chat with him, and I'm thinking that we may have gotten through, 'cause today..... Not a single accident so far.




"I'm sorry mom and dad, I'll try harder not to pee inside anymore."



Moose has also officially found his voice.....and (like me) is not afraid to use it. Man, he can really bark up a storm when so inclined. So yep, we'll be sitting him down again tonight for yet another lecture.

And so, I continue to use Moose as my constant excuse for not getting things done. Like blogging, and housework, and paying bills and the like. *wink*

Now, to address the rumors circulating about my transition from "normal person" into "Goofy pet owner." Yes, it's true. I've crossed the threshold. Which means,

1. There is little else that I talk about.

2. I'm quick to offer unsolicited advice on the right and wrong way to train your pup. Mine is the right way! (Regardless of the pee-fest in my house yesterday)

3. I use that downright goofy, high pitched baby talk to him and assume that he understands every single word I am saying.

AND

4. I Come up with cute nicknames that in reality aren't so cute. Like...."my little Moose-o-llini, or "There goes The Moose-inator" or "How's my little chocolate moose doin' today?

Yes, I have become that neighbor lady that I use to quietly make fun of in my old neighborhood back in California. I just can't help it. Moose is just a sweetie-pie. I am now part of the club....and if you are not part of the "goofy pet owner club", well then you just don't get it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I get it!! I don't necessarily think of you as a crazy pet owner, but I do think of you as crazy;) j/k

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a rule I don't approve of baby talk.
The only exception I make to the rule is when you are talking to your pet. Don't ask me why, it just is.

Just so you know, when Ani's friend Q comes over she walks right in without knocking or ringing the bell, kicks off her shoes, helps herself to pickles from the fridge,and then makes herself a peanut butter sandwich. We wouldn't have it any other way.

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you back! Gotta tell ya, Moose is adorable! And I do the same thing with my cats, only it is used as sarcasm with my hubby. On occasion, one of my two boys (of the feline persuasion) has an accident on the floor and the Brit will start complaining. So I tell him, "Okay, honey, okay! I'll sit the cats down tonight and have a talk with them!"

10:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of crazy pet owners! :) Now, do you have baby pictures in your wallet yet?

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home