May 01, 2005

Manilow rocks

Ever since I was a kid and heard the song, Weekend in New England by Barry Manilow, I was hooked. YAY!! I'm finally out of the closet and boy does it feel good. I love Barry Manilow. No, I mean I really love Barry Manilow! It's not that I find him attractive or anything, in fact I actually think he is a total goober. But his voice.....ahhhh his voice. Is there anything more beautiful than a Barry Manilow song? He is a musical genius! Anyway, I listen to him every morning while getting ready for the day. I can't even pick a favorite because really now, don't they all sound the same. Aah,heaven. This isn't something that I will just admit to anyone, mind you. Well, at least not up until now, but I did let it slip out once that I am a Manilow fan to a neighbor friend .....and she, well, she laughed at me and said "Really? Barry Manilow? My husband and I think he is such a geek and call him Barely Man-enough." (giggle giggle tee hee) Now that was just hurtful! Whatever happened to "If you can't say something nice,........yadda yadda yadda???????
Any other knitter/Manilow fans out there?

2 Comments:

Blogger Corgimom said...

Oh- Lisa- did you see the Dr. Phil with the Mother and father who named their son Barry? And then they exposed their son to Manilow's music, and now he sings it and plays it as a young teenage boy? That was a really interesting episode. Oh, I forgot to mention that all the other kids in his school and neighborhood pick on him for it. So don't think you won't get teased for your confession! NO- I"m not a Barry person. But I do watch Dr. Phil.

10:48 AM  
Blogger - LisaD. said...

No, I didn't see that one. Bummer! That would've been good. Okay, I am embarrassed now that I've confessed. Nobody tease me now, okay??.......or I will just die.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home