November 09, 2006

Dreamin'

I had a dream last night. (sidenote: Yes, I realize that dreams are only interesting to the person who does the dreaming and not at all meant to be an entertaining story to anyone else..) but who cares. I had a dream and you are going to hear about it.

So shape up or ship out. (ooh I'm channeling my mother from my teenage years again)

Anyway my dream...

I was in a store. A store kind of like Home Depot or somthing like that. Which is strange, 'cause in reality, I've only been into the Home Depot like maybe 3 times in my entire life. But I digress..... In my dream, I was in home depot and I was anxious that I wouldn't get my sisters birthday present mailed out in time for her birthday. Because ya know in dreams, home depots also have a Post office....and in this one, apparently a ballet dance class being offered in a back room of the wherehouse.

Okay, so anyway......I'm frantic, trying to find the wrapping paper aisle so that I can wrap and send off my sisters knitted gift to her. Instead I come across the mylar balloon section, but not before I notice that plastic folding chairs are on sale for .89 cents a piece. What a deal! I'll just stack a few of those over here to the side so I can purchase those on the way out.

I pick out the biggest silver balloon I can see and literally run psychotically down a really long corrider that seems to be getting longer and longer and then this is the part in my dream where my legs start to fail me and are getting heavier and heavier and now I can no longer run,let alone walk. I find myself combat crawling down the hall and sobbing that I will not make it in time to send off her package, while noticing girls in pink tu-tu's rolling their eyes at me.

The next thing I know....I am at the counter with a roll of wrapping paper, my trashed box with knitted gift inside.....and a big (well gi-normous) balloon. The lady is yelling at me and saying that the balloon won't fit in the box and therefore cannot be mailed. I have a simple solution.....just tape the damn balloon onto the top of the box. No problem now. All is solved. Except....for the life of me, I can't remember my sisters address....(or my school locker combo for that matter.) (oh nevermind that's another re-curring dream I have) Anyway, what is my sisters address???? It just won't come to me. I'm scared now......I have to get this in the mail!!!!!! Help Help.....someone help.

This is where I wake up....and that funny dream eraser thing comes over my mind and takes it all away to probably never be remembered again....except for I come down the stairs, and upon looking at the calendar....I notice that today is Nov. 9th. My sister Andrea's birthday.....and my dream all comes flooding back to me.



Dear Andrea,

In reality, I didn't knit you a gift. Or haven't been to the post office in weeks. In reality, I would never forget your address. In reality, this blog posting is your birthday gift. In reality, I wish you the happiest birthday ever. And in reality, I miss and love you very very much. Happy Birthday sis. You are always on my mind.( And I have my dreams to prove it.)

Love, Lisa























************Andrea******************Me*****************Anysia**************
Nysie is sooo gonna kill me for that picture.






















My Sister Andrea Inez now.
Isn't she so pretty?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your sis.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andrea.

Thirty-four, is it?

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nina. I love you.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Andrea! Cute pic of your sister & you, is the other girl a cousin or friend?

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Lisa,
Okay so here I go showing my age again - I remember when that picture was taken. Grandma(mom)still has it proudly displayed among her many favorite pictures including Julianne in her dance clothes too.

HAppy Birthday - Andrea!

auntie Kathy

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Dream recollection! It is great when you can figure out what the dream pertains to. I have had wierd dreams that did not seem to corolate to anything. Looks like you need a SPAM blocker for your blog - I had to put one on mine-I have almost 250 SPAM's messages blocked already.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home