January 20, 2007

Going out on a Limb

It's been a long time since I've knitted. My poor husband's Christmas hat is still on the needles. I did finish it in time for Christmas, but upon trying it on found that it could use a couple extra inches in length. ....so I frogged back the decreases and added the length and then I misplaced the pattern and now I'm stuck in limbo till I get brave and guess at the decreases.....or find the pattern. I'll probably end up trying to fudge it.

Lots going on in January. I am having so much fun with my part-time day-care job, that the days seem to be whizzing by especially quickly for this time of year.

I haven't been to SnB at all this year so far. Partly because I have nothing new on the needles and partly because when it gets this cold I hate leaving the house for even the best of reasons. I could go from 10:00-11:30 and be back in time for Sofi's arrival.......but, but.....well it's just so damn cold outside. I am such a cold weather wimp (especially in the morning.)

Like I said.....nothing new on the needles, but I intend to change all of that soon. As soon as I finish husbands hat.......and scarf. ( I'm thinking of knitting him up the "mistake scarf")
I want to try "branching out" again. I will not let the "branching out" scarf beat me in 2007. I have learned how to insert lifelines since the last time I attempted it and believe me.....I am gonna use them. It's time that I get over my fear of branching out and just knit it already. Besides it'll be nice to be able to claim that I've knitted easy lace.

So again I say....."Go out on a limb.....that's where all the good fruit is."

and so I shall.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your not the only one who hates the cold. After haveing a christmas getting pounded with snow, 4 feet in 2 weeks. I am ready for maybe a couple of weeks in Key West FL. Not only do I not want go out of the house, I don't want to get out a nice warm bed. I wish had a fire place. no wait,a remote control fire place to sit by and and good TV shows so I could keep warm and watch all the winter people to enjoy winter sports and activities. Give me the summer heat. How many days until the 90's come back. It's going to be a long winter.

2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - aren't you the one who is always warm and doesn't wear "proper winter attire" when out and about?? :) Miss you - hope to see you soon!

8:37 AM  
Blogger leeleed said...

Proper winter attire only gets in the way! But yes, I am always cold in the winter and always hot in the summer. And my hands are 99% of the time cold and clammy no matter what time of year it is. But as the saying goes "Cold hands....warm heart."

I miss you too, Connie. Hope to see you soon.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see a post from you, Lisa! I am a total cold wimp too. Once I am in for the day, I don't want to have to go back out for any reason whatsoever! I always tell people that I'm cold from October till May!
Happy knitting and glad you are enjoyng your job!

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I read that correctly? Did you say you got a job? No! I must have mis-read that. There is no way.
Oh my gosh you did! Congrats to you. How do you feel.....(tee hee)

I love you Lisa,
Love Andrea

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Lisa D.....I have checked a couple times a week since your last blog in January - but no upates...booohoooo, You must be awfully busy with working, caring for the family and of course raising Moose. Hoping you will fit a story or two in your busy days to your blog. I miss your stories and feel I am waiting like I do for the TV's new season premieres....can't wait to read the latest stories.

Love and kisses to the Dickensen's family----Auntie kathy

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home