November 18, 2006

Dear Bezzie

Dear Bezzie,

I don't know you, but I want to thank you. You know Amy (Amy of
Knit Think and a host of the DOTD KAL) Well, she came by my house the other day to drop off a little bag of goodies that apparently I won in a DOTD drawing. She told me the story of how you were the original winner and how you graciously declined the winnings since you had recently won another yarn stash from another contest.

All I have to say is
"Big Mistake, girl. Huge!" This is some good yarn you turned down. Koigu to be exact. 2 skeins. Also, not to rub it in or anything.....but I have to add that tucked away in the goody bag was also a black sheep tape measure. SCORE! and some cute little authentic mexican puddings....that BTW, my kids have already devoured.

I am very impressed by the selflessness of your actions. I don't think I would have done the same thing in your position....and so, I thank you and I will think of your selfless deed everytime I wear the lovely socks this koigu will knit up. and I will try to be less greedy when it comes to yarn.
So thanks Bezzie. Just goes to show that knitters are good people.

-lisaD.


2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Congrats!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

How did I miss this post!

Yeah, I just felt really really weird accepting. And hey Amy got to save some postage by hand delivering it to you! ;-)

Glad you enjoyed!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home